Job Type :
Monday, 17 April 2017
The Accounts Payable Specialist is responsible for the accurate processing and timely payment of vendor invoices, check requests and employee expense reports and for the secure and confidential maintenance and storage of all A/P related documents in an organized manner.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS (other duties may be assigned as needed):
1. Open, date stamp and distribute all incoming internal and external A/P mail. Print out invoices and statements sent to the shared A/P email address.
Submit invoices to employees for payment approval and G/L coding.
Voucher high volume of PO and non PO related payable documents in Navision with highest level of data entry accuracy possible.
Run voucher audit report to identify and correct all data entry errors.
Record all payable documents that cannot be processed for payment on the Invoice Problem Log and work with purchasing to resolve any pricing or quantity discrepancies or to procure approval signatures and G/L coding in an expedient and professional manner.
Communicate effectively with vendors, AP Manager and peers to resolve payment issues and provide timely communication concerning status of payment and potential credit holds.
2. Process CONCUR expense reports for payment, set up new users and assist current users with all CONCUR related questions.
3. Process Positive Pay uploads in the East West Bank online system and clear all reported check exceptions by 12pm.
4. Process monthly AMEX statement reconciliation and prepare reports for JE reclass. Assist AP Manager in administrating the AMEX corporate card program.
5. Special projects and assignments as needed.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
1. Accounting degree.
2. Minimum of (2) years of experience working in Accounts Payable. Familiar with computerized accounting, CA use tax accruals, pre-paids, fixed assets, wire transfers, ACH payments and month end accruals and activity.
3. Concur and American Express experience.
4. Ability to enter no less than 100 vouchers per day.
5. Advanced excel skills including pivot tables, v-lookup etc.
6. Previous Navision experience is a plus.
1. Outstanding communication skills are required. Must be able to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Write reports, business correspondence, and potentially procedure manuals. Effectively presents information and responds to questions from and in the presence of top management and other departments.
2. Bi-lingual in Spanish and English is highly desired.
1. Mathematical skills with the ability to work mathematical concepts into everyday business situations are necessary. Applies concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
1. Strong organizational skills, ability to prioritize workload, deadlines and manage multiple tasks.
2. Strong analytical and problem solving skills are essential. Defines problems, collects data, establishes facts, and draws valid conclusions. Interprets a variety of information and makes calculated decisions.
3. Solves practical problems and deals with a variety of abstract and concrete variables.