Job Type :
Thursday, 13 April 2017
Product Strategy Manager - Agribusiness
Manpower, a global leader in the staffing industry, has over 50 years of experience servicing clients in the Alberta marketplace. Our client, a local company specializing in agriculture, is looking for a Product Strategy Manager - Agribusiness to join their team. This is a full-time permanent position located in Calgary, Alberta.
In this role, you will develop and implement the designated product strategy through collaboration with strategic suppliers, marketing, supply chain and operations to ensure the product meets all company requirements.
Your responsibilities will include:
* Providing strategic direction, product selection and technical support with respect to designated product group
* Developing integrated product plans aligned with corporate goals, unit objectives, and customer needs, which utilize company resources in an effective and efficient manner
* Creating product level budgets and forecasting at the organizational level
* Participating in the development, communication, implementation and follow-up of product input marketing programs
* Leading supplier negotiations as required in specific product line designations
* Supporting the marketing of product inputs within the company through providing technical support and required training
* Sourcing and utilizing transactional data, trade area data, macro-economic and market indicators, understanding the potential impact of these on product selection, profitability and assortment
* Developing and monitoring pricing/margin strategies for the marketing of designated products
* Monitoring the business through site visits and travels within designated market area
* Participating in sales and management meetings as required
* Representing at advisory committee meetings or other functions as required
* Participating in the proposal and development of new marketing initiatives as determined by ongoing activity or industry research
* Monitoring of competitor activity in the marketplace
* Participate in the development of the personnel within the business
* Providing technical product leadership to implementation teams to deliver strategic goals, both on-time and within budget across interdepartmental teams
* Participating in cross-functional corporate projects and initiatives as required
Successful candidates require:
* Degree in business, economics, mathematics or equivalent
* 10+ years' experience in designated product group including sales and marketing; seed, livestock, crop etc.
* Proficiency in MS Office Suite
* Experience with SAP would be considered a strong asset
* Exposure to competitor and business intelligence activities with a demonstrated ability to synthesize and report on business relevance
* Experience in the development and execution of strategic product assortment plans
* Ability to multi-task with shifting and competing business priorities
* Demonstrated ability to build strong relationships and work in cross-functional teams
* Exceptional presentation and communication skills
Please apply online and / or create and manage your profile at www.manpower.ca. Alternatively, you can email your resume to email@example.com or contact us at 403.269.6936 and ask for Melissa.
Manpower would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however, due to the number of individuals applying to positions at Manpower, only successful applicants will be contacted. All other resumes will be retained for future opportunities.