Job Type :
Friday, 21 April 2017
This PERMANENT JOB is located 10 minutes north of Barrie with an international supplier of construction infrastructure products. Straight day shift with full benefits after 3 months.
In this hands-on role, you will be performing general labour tasks (loads, unloads, and moves materials within or near plant) as well as the following:
WHAT THE JOB IS
* Lift, carry, and hold materials, tools, and supplies
* Loads and unloads materials onto or from trucks, pallets, trays, racks, and shelves by hand, fork lift, hand truck and/or electric pallet jack, as appropriate
* Conveys materials from storage sites to designated loading area
* Works in production, using mixing equipment
* Works at automated dispensing station, filling bags of product (55lbs)
* Reads work orders to ascertain materials or containers to be moved
* Counts and records number of units of materials moved or handled, records breakage or storage
* Attaches labels to materials or marks information on cases and other containers
* Counts, packs and inspects finished product for release of shipment
* Monitors, completes, and maintains efficient and accurate paperwork as needed
* Performs periodic equipment inspections, basic troubling shooting and adjustments and cleaning of equipment.
* A high school diploma or general education degree (GED) required (preferred)
* One year experience in a manufacturing/industrial environment
* Mechanical and mathematical aptitude
* Self-direction, ability to work independently
* Strong communication skills
* Ability to comfortably lift parts or products up to 55lbs throughout the day
This role offers a variety of diverse job tasks in a growing company. Excellent opportunity to learn new skills and understanding of a unique and environmentally friendly product line.
If this job sounds exactly like what you've been searching for, we want to hear from you and tell us why!
APPLY online - www.manpower.ca or call 705-728-1191 to speak with the recruiter managing this job.