Job Type :
Thursday, 19 January 2017
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Performs tasks as assigned in one or more specialized areas as follows:
a. Landscaping: Prunes trees and shrubs according to established standards; controls turf and ornamental pests based on Integrated Pest Management principles; fertilizes turf and ornamentals.
b. Equipment Operation: Operates large equipment such as mowers, tractors with attachments, utility vehicles, specialized athletic turf and athletic field/court equipment. Drives light and heavy trucks sometimes pulling equipment trailers. Operates small power equipment such as string trimmers, edgers,
blowers, sod cutters, chainsaws, power pole pruners, hedgers, pressure washers and other related equipment.
c. Construction: Carpentry, painting, roofing, concrete and plumbing in the construction maintenance and repair of buildings, facilities, irrigation systems and other installations.
2. Assists in maintaining, repairing, assembling and installing park structures, features and amenities.
3. Performs routine mechanical and preventative maintenance on equipment.
4. Picks up trash, litter and fallen limbs; cuts and trims grassy areas; waters and weeds landscape beds, cleans restrooms, picnic shelters and sites and recreation areas; cleans roadways, parking lots, sidewalks, boardwalks and dune crossovers; operates and performs routine maintenance and minor repairs to power equipment such as mowers, string trimmers, debris blowers and chain saws.
5. Grooms ball-fields and perfonns athletic field maintenance Wlder supervision.
6. Completes daily work management reports relating to time and materials. Maintains accurate records in conformance with established procedures to ensure projects are completed accurately and according to schedule.
7. Performs and records safety inspections.
8. Assumes lead worker responsibilities as requested by supervisor.
9. Performs work related to this job description as required.